[Pacemaker] Build dlm_controld for pacemaker stack (dlm_controld.pcmk)

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue Oct 30 02:33:56 EDT 2012

29.10.2012 22:10, David Vossel wrote:

> [...]

One remark about that - it requires that gfs2 communicates with dlm in
the kernel space - so gfs_controld is not longer required. I think
Fedora 17 is the first version with that feature. And it is definitely
not available for EL6 (centos6 which I use).

But I have preliminary success running GFS2 with corosync2 and pacemaker
1.1.8 on EL6. dlm4 runs just fine as is (although it misses some
featured on EL6 because of kernel). And it still includes (not
documented) option enable_fscontrol, so user-space communication with fs
control daemons is supported. Even it that feature will be removed
upstream, it can be easily returned back - just several lines of code.
And I ported gfs_controld from cman to corosync2 (patch is very dirty
yet, made with scissors and needle, just a proof-of-concept that it even
can work). Some features are unsupported (f.e. nodir) and will not be
implemented by me.

I can send that patch here for those who interested. I think the same
method may apply to ocfs2 (I'm allergic to it so I wont even look).

Vladislav