[Pacemaker] switch port stonith

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sat Oct 27 01:28:04 EDT 2012

On 10/26/2012 09:31 PM, James Harper wrote:
> Does anyone have an ra that allows a stonith action to disable the ports on a switch for a node? Obviously this would only allow a "shutdown" action not a "reboot" action, but in the absence of anything else it would definitely ensure that the errant node was ejected from the network. I guess restoration would need to be manual.
>
> A generic snmp set stonith ra with enough parameter flexibility would suffice too I suppose...
>
> Thanks
>
> James

I did this with D-Link switches. It's a form of fabric fencing;

https://github.com/digimer/fence_dlink_snmp

It'll need to be adapted to different switch makers, of course, but that
should mainly be a question of updating the OIDs. Line's 86-88;

https://github.com/digimer/fence_dlink_snmp/blob/master/fence_dlink_snmp#L86

It's not the most thoroughly tested fence agent, mind you, but it should
work with rhcs and pacemaker.

--
Digimer
access to education?