[Pacemaker] RFC: Any interesting in 2.0.0 betas?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Oct 25 20:57:50 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.com> wrote:
> On 2012-10-25T12:47:32, Andrew Beekhof <abeekhof at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone out there have the capacity and interest to test betas of 2.0.0 if I release them?
>> If so, for what distro and version?
>
> I guess this depends on what level of testing you are looking for.

Well I'm already running CTS, but there are plenty of things CTS doesn't cover.
Pretty much anything people want to do would be worthwhile.  I'm not
demanding anything, but equally I don't want to waste my time building
packages no-one is going to install.

In your case though, basic sanity against corosync 1.4 and the plugin
would be a great place to start (AFAIK it still works).

> We probably can take care of openSUSE (probably Factory and/or 12.2).
>
> Depending on the amount of changes in pacemaker and if it is (rolling
> ugprade-)compatible with the version we have so far, SLE HA 11
> SP2->SP3.

I have no reason to suspect it won't be.
Even the path changes should be trivial for you to undo locally if
thats a big deal for SLE.

>> (Anyone looking for heartbeat to be "supported" in 2.0.0 would be highly encouraged to put their hand up :-)
>
> No. But we'd still need it to work with corosync 1.4.x;

It works with 1.4.x but as I said, I've only tested it in the context
of CMAN, not the plugin.
I fixed a couple of things someone else reported though.

> right now, I
> don't see an ability to move to 2.0.0 on SLE yet.

The delta to 1.1.8 is pretty minimal.  Mostly stonith changes.