[Pacemaker] pacemaker service start failed.

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Oct 25 20:31:23 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Yuusuke Iida
<iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi, Andrew
>

> (2012/10/25 9:54), Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Yuusuke Iida
>> <iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Vossel

[moved first question to the end]

> Was there any problem with a conventional method to use uname()?

The problem with uname() is that your peers don't know the value until
you send it to them.
Which creates a conceptual race condition - how do you send a message
to (or fence) a peer who's name you don't know yet?

> Will setting to convert IP of such ring0 into the name be necessary by all
> means in future?

In a word "no" :-)

There are a couple of options:

- you can specify the names to use in corosync.conf (nodelist)
  using a nodelist doesn't prevent you from using multicast

- you can setup /etc/hosts as you did above

- I have just now re-instated the uname() default for corosync 2.0
cluster types.  It didn't occur to me that people wouldn't set up
anything :-)
  The patch is: https://github.com/beekhof/pacemaker/commit/9a81945
can you give it a try?