[Pacemaker] crm_simulate a resource failure

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Oct 24 20:32:33 EDT 2012

How is this?

       -i, --op-inject=value
              Generate a failure for the cluster to react to in the simulation

              Value is of the form
${resource}_${task}_${interval}@${node}=${rc}.  Eg.
memcached_monitor_20000 at m1.fbsdata.com=7

       -F, --op-fail=value
              If the specified task occurs during the simulation, have
it fail with return code ${rc}

              Value is of the form
${resource}_${task}_${interval}@${node}=${rc}.  Eg.
memcached_stop_0 at m1.fbsdata.com=1

              The transition will normally stop at the failed action,
save the result with --save-output and re-run crm_simulate with
--xml-file

EXAMPLES
       Pretend the recurring memcached monitor failed on node
m1.fbsdata.com and, during recovery, that the memcached stop action
did too

              # crm_simulate -LS --op-inject
memcached:0_monitor_20000 at m1.fbsdata.com=7 --op-fail
memcached:0_stop_0 at m1.fbsdata.com=1 --save-output
/tmp/memcached-test.xml

       Now see what the reaction to the stop failure would be

              # crm_simulate -S --xml-file /tmp/memcached-test.xml