[Pacemaker] Behavior of Corosync+Pacemaker with DRBD primary power loss

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Wed Oct 24 10:03:36 EDT 2012

Hi Andreas,

----- Original Message -----

What about the situation where the primary, node0, is running alone fine but then its power supply fails (or a kernel panic, or some other critical hardware failure), resulting in it instantly being shut off? The resources should failover to the secondary node, node1, however node1's DRBD device will have the following state:

Role:
Secondary/Unknown

Disk State:
UpToDate/DUnknown

Connection State:
WFConnection

DRBD will refuse to allow this node to be promoted to primary:
0: State change failed: (-7) Refusing to be Primary while peer is not outdated
Command 'drbdsetup 0 primary' terminated with exit code 11

Does Pacemaker have some mechanism for (on node1) being able to outdate node0, the old master/primary, in order to promote the DRBD resource?

Thanks,

Andrew