[Pacemaker] crm_simulate a resource failure

Cal Heldenbrand cal at fbsdata.com
Tue Oct 23 14:01:59 EDT 2012

Thanks Jake, that at gives a little better description of the parameters,
but I still just can't seem to get anything to trigger with the various
syntaxes I'm trying.  See below, I'm using single quotes so the $ symbol
isn't parsed by bash.  I've tried using my clone name, different return
values, different task names, without the $ symbols... nothing seems to
trigger anything in the Transition stuff.  And I don't get any error
messages at all.

Any other ideas for me?

Thanks!

[root at m3 /]# crm_simulate -LS --op-fail='$memcached:0_$monitor_$1@$
m1.fbsdata.com=$not_running'

Current cluster status:
Online: [ m1.fbsdata.com m2.fbsdata.com m3.fbsdata.com ]

 Clone Set: memcached_clone [memcached]
     Started: [ m1.fbsdata.com m2.fbsdata.com m3.fbsdata.com ]
 cluster-ip-m1  (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started m1.fbsdata.com
 cluster-ip-m2  (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started m2.fbsdata.com
 cluster-ip-m3  (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started m3.fbsdata.com

Transition Summary:

Executing cluster transition:

Revised cluster status: