[Pacemaker] Announce: pcs-0.9.26

Grüninger, Andreas (LGL Extern) Andreas.Grueninger at lgl.bwl.de
Wed Oct 17 04:22:35 EDT 2012

Please see here:

https://github.com/feist/pcs/issues

Andreas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Chris Feist [mailto:cfeist at redhat.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2012 02:03
An: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager
Cc: linux clustering
Betreff: Re: [Pacemaker] Announce: pcs-0.9.26

On 10/08/12 19:27, Chris Feist wrote:
> We've been making improvements to the pcs (pacemaker/corosync
> configuration
> system) command line tool over the past few months.
>
> Currently you can setup a basic cluster (including configuring corosync 2.0 udpu).
>
> David Vossel has also created a version of the "Clusters from Scratch"
> document that illustrates setting up a cluster using pcs.  This should
> be showing up shortly.

Just an update, I've updated the pcs (to 0.9.27) and included the pcsd daemon with the fedora packages.  You can grab the updated packages here:

http://people.redhat.com/cfeist/pcs/

And you should be able to used the new Clusters from Scratch optimized for the pcs CLI here: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/

Just a couple things to note (this should be shortly updated in the notes).

To run pcs on Fedora 17/18 you'll need to turn off selinux & disable the firewall (or at least allow traffic on port 2224).

To disable SELinux set 'SELINUX=permissive' in /etc/selinux/config and reboot To disable the firewall run 'systemctl stop iptables.service' (to permanently disable run 'systemctl disable iptables.service')

The pcs_passwd command has been removed.  In it's place you can do authentication with the hacluster user.  Just set the hacluster user password (passwd hacluster) and then use that user and password to authenticate with pcs.

If you have any questions or any issues don't hesitate to contact me, we're still working out the bugs in the new pcsd daemon and we appreciate all the feedback we can get.

Thanks,
Chris