[Pacemaker] Stuck in a STONITH cycle

David Parker dparker at utica.edu
Tue Oct 16 12:37:09 EDT 2012

On 10/16/2012 04:45 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM, David Parker<dparker at utica.edu>  wrote:

Thanks, Andrew.  I checked out the link you provided in your other
response[1], and the STONITH death match exactly describes the behavior
I was seeing.  Strangely, though, none of the three conditions listed in
that article were present in my configuration.  Network communication
was not broken, neither node was physically failing, and there were no
HA resources acting wonky.

The weirdest part is that the nodes could ping each other, but their
ability to see each other via the crm was broken.  The error in each
node's log was that it couldn't calculate the UUID for the other node.
For some reason, changing the interface back on each node solved the
problem, but I guess we'll never know why it happened in the first place.

[1] http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2012-October/015674.html