[Pacemaker] migration only between nodes with identical hardware

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Wed Oct 3 05:56:01 EDT 2012

> > Just a thought: You could derive your own RA from the VirtualDomain-RA
> > and implement your own migration logic: If target- and
> > source-platforms match, do the live migration, if they don't match
> > make migrate_to() call
> > stop() and migrate_from() call start().
>
> We're still accepting patches :)

Happy to submit it once I've done it. I'm using Xen, and the Xen RA. Based on what I have seen on the list, most people use the VirtualDomain RA. I'm not really interested in adding another layer (libvirt), but the current Xen RA seems hardcoded to use xm, which is deprecated as of Xen 4.2, and the VirtualDOmain RA appears to be a bit more feature rich...

Is my perception that most people are using the VirtualDomain RA and not the Xen RA accurate?

James