[Pacemaker] Static vs dynamic IPs

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Tue Oct 2 06:47:35 EDT 2012

On 2012-10-02T19:28:28, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> > What are the implications of running Pacemaker with dynamic IP nodes? The IP
> > would change on restart and all configuration would be wrong. Can it be done
> > at all?
> Nope.  Not because of pacemaker, but the underlying messaging layer
> (heartbeat/corosync) wouldn't be able to find its peer when it comes
> back up.

As long as it's corosync with multicast (and the nodes still being able
to communicate on the mcastaddr), it ought to be possible there.

Mind, it isn't necessarily a great idea, but it should work. I'm not
sure if statically assigned nodeids are going to be more reliable or
not though.

Regards,
    Lars

--