[Pacemaker] 1.1.8 dox?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Oct 2 01:45:00 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know where the documentation is for 1.1.8 ?  I'm looking here,
> and everything seems to be months old:
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/

Thats because they're still pretty accurate.
There is a version of Clusters from Scratch with pcs in the works, but
I'm waiting for a release from Chris before publishing.

> I keep seeing references to "the shell is gone from 1.1.8", but I
> can't find any documentation of the impact to a sysadmin, or what the
> new hotness is to replace "the shell".

The shell still exists, it is just a separate project now.
There is also pcs ( https://github.com/feist/pcs or 'yum install pcs'
on fedora) if you want to try an alternative.

> Or even better, is there something available that explains the key
> changes between 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 in a format appropriate for a
> sysadmin?

Did you check the changelog?
Lines 8-24 are a pretty good summary:
  https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/master/ChangeLog

Apart from that, as it was a point release, the focus was mostly on bug fixes.