[Pacemaker] fencing when stonith-enabled="false"

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Oct 1 07:49:47 EDT 2012

On Monday 01 October 2012 11:30:19 James Harper wrote:
> I am trying to configure  stonith. ipmilan was a complete disaster as it
> kept passing port 623 as the hostname, so now I'm trying external/ipmi.
>
> The stonith resource is running as expected, but I still have
> stonith-enabled="false" in the cluster configuration. To test before I turn
> stonith on properly I tried to fence an idle node but nothing happened. Is
> this expected?

Well, thats a better result then my last test with a similar setup and state:
I told it to fence the idle node (due for maintainance) and it killed the
active node :-/

And don't even get me started about how the different vendors implement ipmi-
over-lan (with and without vlan-support, with vlan but without support for
tagged vlan1, with all you want except for cpu-temp).

Have fun,

Arnold