[Pacemaker] Unable to add ping resource to pacemaker 1.0.12

Richard "Alan" McAlexander alanmac1982 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:37:01 EDT 2012

Hello all!

I've been trying to figure out how to create the ping resource
(ocf::pacemaker:ping) in Pacemaker 1.0.12. I've gone through the many
forums, read the Pacemaker Explained book for the 1.0.X Pacemaker and still
I get nowhere. Ping does show up, however, when I block all traffic with
iptables nothing happens. I've even tried pingd and ping from LCMC 1.4.1
and still can't get this to failover. My configuration is as follows:
Heartbeat 3.0.3, Pacemaker 1.0.12 and DRBD 8.3.13. This is a standard
Active/Passive configuration with prd1 and prd2 as the servers and I'm
trying to monitor 10.254.138.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alan