[Pacemaker] Active/Active Clustering using GFS2 in Centos-6.2

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Thu Oct 4 11:35:51 EDT 2012

On 09/19/2012 10:51 AM, ecfgijn wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
> I have configured active/active using pacemaker in centos-6.2 along with
> gfs2. Below are configuration.
>
> crm configure primitive ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 params
> ip="169.144.106.121" cidr_netmask="26" op monitor interval=30s
> crm configure primitive WebSite ocf:heartbeat:apache params
> configfile=/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf op monitor interval=1min
> crm configure op_defaults timeout=240s
> crm configure colocation website-with-ip INFINITY: WebSite ClusterIP
>
> crm
> cib new GFS2
> configure primitive WebFS ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem params
> device="/dev/mydisk" directory="/var/www/html" fstype="gfs2"
> configure colocation WebSite-with-WebFS inf: WebSite WebFS
> configure colocation fs_on_drbd inf: WebFS WebDataClone:Master
> configure order WebFS-after-WebData inf: WebDataClone:promote WebFS:start
> configure order WebSite-after-WebFS inf: WebFS WebSite
> configure show
> cib commit GFS2
>

> crm
> cib new active
> configure clone WebIP ClusterIP  meta globally-unique="true"
> clone-max="2" clone-node-max="2"
> configure edit  ClusterIP
>
> i have add the following to the params line
>
> clusterip_hash="sourceip"
>
> crm
> cib new active
> configure clone WebIP ClusterIP  meta globally-unique="true"
> clone-max="2" clone-node-max="2"
> configure show
>
> configure clone WebFSClone WebFS
> configure clone WebSiteClone WebSite
> *configure edit WebDataClone            (but this file is empty!!!!!!!)

You have never defined a resource called WebDataClone ... at least not
in the configuration you showed us.

If you want to use DRBD you must setup and configure DRBD (including
fencing), create a drbd primitive and then create a master-slave
resource from this primitive with master-max=2 ... If you have a shared
storage you would typically create a clusterd volume group in
combination with clvmd and integrate that into your pacemaker
configuration ... without that master-slave magic which is only needed
by DRBD.

For dual-primary DRBD follow:

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/index.html

Regards,