[Pacemaker] ocf:heartbeat:Route failover not working

tony at intermodesystems.com tony at intermodesystems.com
Thu Oct 4 06:00:13 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

Im new to pacemaker and this cluster software and have hit an issue I
wonder if someone can help me with please?

I want to setup an ip failover (Which I have done) between 2 nodes, but
now I need to add a route failover too and this is where I have got
stuck.

the ip failover works fine and allows the vip to fail over between the
two nodes, but now i have added a route failover which needs to go over
at the same time as the ip, it has error-ed and im an not sure why.

here is the output of crm_mon. It shows the ip on node01, but when i
start node02 it fails over the route for some reason?:

[root at node01 ~]# crm_mon -1
============
Last updated: Thu Oct  4 10:52:43 2012
Stack: openais
Current DC: node01.local - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.12-unknown
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
2 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ node01.local node02.local ]

  ClusterIP	(ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):	Started node01.local
  ClusterRoute	(ocf::heartbeat:Route):	Started node02.local (unmanaged)
FAILED

Failed actions:
     ClusterRoute_start_0 (node=node02.local, call=4, rc=5,
status=complete): not installed
     ClusterRoute_stop_0 (node=node02.local, call=5, rc=5,
status=complete): not installed

here is the output from crm configure show:

[root at node01 ~]# crm configure show
node node01.local
node node02.local
primitive ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
	params ip="192.168.231.217" cidr_netmask="22" nic="bond0.248" \
	op monitor interval="30s"
primitive ClusterRoute ocf:heartbeat:Route \
	params destination="0.0.0.0/0" device="bond0.248"
gateway="192.168.231.209" \
	op monitor interval="10" timeout="20" depth="0"
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
	dc-version="1.0.12-unknown" \
	cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
	expected-quorum-votes="2" \
	stonith-enabled="false" \
	no-quorum-policy="ignore"

hope someone can help with this as I have no idea why it tries to start
the route part on the other node?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Tony