No subject

Tue Oct 23 02:10:09 EDT 2012

Last updated: Thu Mar  7 08:53:21 2013
Last change: Thu Mar  7 03:16:50 2013 via crmd on pmosidea

From: pacemaker-request at oss.clusterlabs.org [mailto:pacemaker-request at oss.c=
Sent: 07 Mart 2013 Per=BAembe 08:02
To: pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org
Subject: Pacemaker Digest, Vol 64, Issue 30

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:36:17 +1100
From: Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net>
To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager
	<pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] Pacemaker cluster with different operating
	systems

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Osman Findik <Osman.Findik at telenity.com> wr=
ote:
> Hi all,
> We are using pacemaker with RHEL 6.2 successfully to manage pair of=20
> MySQL databases. Pacemaker is coming from Red Hat High Availability Add-o=
n. Its version is 1.1.6 Our need is to add an observer to this cluster but =
our existing servers are all RHEL 5.x servers. We could not locate same ver=
sion of pacemaker in clusterlabs repo.
> So we tried to install provided rpms from clusterlabs repo to RHEL 5.5 an=
d RHEL 6.2 servers.
> Provided rpm version for RHEL 5 is pacemaker 1.1.8.2.
> Provided rpm version for RHEL 6 is pacemaker 1.1.8.4.
>
> In this setup although servers are members of the cluster over corosync, =
they could not see each other from pacemaker.
> I also tried to install 1.1.8.1 rpm packages in order to use same pacemak=
er releases, but that is also failed.

> Before giving details of the errors, my question is do you think a hybrid=
 setup with different OSs (RHEL 5.x and RHEL 6.x) is possible?

It should be.
You're using the pacemaker plugin for corosync?