[Pacemaker] Enable remote monitoring

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 11 12:52:16 EST 2012

Hi David,

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 05:06:32PM -0500, David Vossel wrote:
>[...]
>
> Lars,

Not Lars, but I hope I can give some answers here.

> Does the order in which the members of the container start
> monitoring matter?  Do the members need to be serialized or
> anything, or can we just start the container parent, then
> assume it is okay to start all the container members?

When it comes to nagios/monitoring resources, I think that we can
"start" all of them in parallel. But having them serialized
wouldn't be a problem either. I'm not sure if people will
eventually figure out that they want to (ab)use these containers
for stuff other than VM and services which run within VM.
BTW, note that start/stop for the new nagios class are going to
be just "enable/disable monitoring", or "yes, we can schedule
the monitor" and "cancel the scheduled monitor." Hence, it should
be handled completely in lrmd.

> Having
> the internal constraints only interact between the parent and
> children resources makes this less complex.

Yes, I guess that only the VM resource needs to be exposed in
constraints with other resources.

> Also, how many of these nagios resources do you think will live per a container?

Anywhere between 1 and n :) No saying what people may want to
monitor. My guess is that the average would be 2 or 3.

Cheers,

Dejan