[Pacemaker] resources not migrating when some are not runnable on one node, maybe because of groups or master/slave clones?

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Fri Jun 29 11:59:47 EDT 2012

On 06/28/2012 01:29 PM, David Vossel wrote:
> I've been looking into multistate resource colocations quite a bit this week.  I have a branch I'm working with that may improve this situation for you.
>
> If you are feeling brave, test this branch out with your configuration and see if it fairs better.
>
> https://github.com/davidvossel/pacemaker/tree/master_colo_fixes
>
> If you want to try and apply the patch to your own src, this is commit to use.https://github.com/davidvossel/pacemaker/commit/0062eab18f96d3f75462e0a889e4175f02552d92

I could be doing something wrong, but that commit doesn't seem to fix my
problem. I applied that commit against the pacemaker packages from
debian squeeze-backports (they call it pacemaker-1.1.7) to test. I
tweaked my production configuration to use Dummy and Stateful resources,
and introduced a location constraint (named "foo") to simulate a failure
of nfs_kernel_server on storage02. As before, the nfs export (called
export_test) stopped, presumably due to it's colocation with
nfs_kernel_server. At this point I ran cibadmin -Q to generate the
attached file.

I'm expecting pacemaker to migrate the DRBD master and all the other
services (all of which are one way or another colocated with the DRBD
master) to storage01, since they could all run there. If I run:

   crm_simulate -x cib.xml -S

(cib.xml attached), crm_simulate outputs nothing in the "Transition
Summary", indicating it's happy with the way things are. I was expecting
this to indicate a migration to storage01 so that export_test can run.
If it's not too much trouble, could you try this on your development
version? I wonder if maybe some changes besides the one commit you
referenced above are needed, but making a build of your branch head is a
bit more work than I have time to do now.