[Pacemaker] Time-based resource stickiness not working cleanly

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Wed Jun 27 16:42:57 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Not sure but maybe something to do with interleave/ordered in the clone definition?
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/ch10s02s02.html

You should try what Phil said and create a dummy primitive and clone that then test and see if the cloned dummy exhibits the same issues as the problem ones.

> 2. I have a time-based rule which prevents any resource in the
> cluster from going back to the preferred node between 7am and 3pm,
> monday through friday.
> 	I can confirm that in my setting this does not work reliably.
> 		The resource fails over to the non-preferred node, but stays there
> 		even if the current time is outside of the core business hours.
> 		If I manually stop and start the resource, then it respects the
> 		location preference and goes to the preferred node.
> 		I have the cluster-recheck-interval set to 1min.

I didn't see/look at your config but that sounds like a score problem between stickiness/clone score/rule value.

HTH

Jake