[Pacemaker] MS-Resource never gets promoted

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Wed Jun 27 13:10:18 EDT 2012

On 06/27/2012 12:38 PM, Stallmann, Andreas wrote:
> I let the tomcat script write some quite elaborate debug output, which
> NEVER shows an attempt to promote the resource. Any ideas?

Does your RA call crm_master? Otherwise you will have to include
location constraints in your configuration stating where the resource
can be promoted. See here:

http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/ch10s03s08.html

Maybe also run something like "crm_simulate -Ls | grep promotion" and
verify that the promotion scores are positive on any node that should be
capable of being master.