[Pacemaker] "Grouping" of master/slave resources

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Mon Jun 25 12:36:39 EDT 2012

On 06/25/2012 12:14 PM, Stallmann, Andreas wrote:
> but crm won’t let me put Master/Slave resource into a group. Why is that?

I don't think it's possible to specify the state a resource must be in
(master) within a group constraint. However, groups are just (modulo
bugs) shorthand for order and colocation constraints. It's a little more
verbose, but you should be able to accomplish what you need with proper
ordering and colocation constraints and no group.