[Pacemaker] VM live migration with pacemaker-1.1.6

mark - pacemaker list m+pacemaker at nerdish.us
Thu Jun 21 15:49:52 EDT 2012

Hi Luca,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Luca Lesinigo <luca at lm-net.it> wrote:

Andrew gave you the right answers for all of the above, I just wanted to
add something for this question:

> - what could happen if all SAS links between a single node and the storage
> stop working?
> (ie, storage array working, storage management IP responding, node
> working, but node can't access actual LUNs)

If you use SBD as your stonith mechanism, then the node will suicide if it
loses connectivity to the storage.  Yes, that takes your VMs down hard with
it, but if they reside on the storage and the storage is unavailable,
they're pretty well toast at that point anyhow, no?  The remaining nodes
will notice the dead node and start all of the VMs that went with it
elsewhere.

Regards,
Mark