[Pacemaker] Cannot start VirtualDomain resource after restart

Kadlecsik József kadlecsik.jozsef at wigner.mta.hu
Wed Jun 20 13:09:21 EDT 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Phil Frost wrote:

> Firstly, I'd try running "crm_simulate -LS -D pacemaker.dot", then viewing
> the generated pacemaker.dot with graphviz [1] (specifically "dot". It might
> also be helpful to pass pacemaker.dot through "tred" first, to make it more
> readable). This asks crm_simulate to simulate what pacemaker would like to do
> (-S), given the current live state (-L). Probably it will tell you it would
> do nothing, because it's already running in the desired (by pacemaker,
> anyway) state. However, I have seen instances in testing where Pacemaker will
> be stuck in some start -> monitor -> timeout loop that's not immediately
> obvious in crm_mon. This will reveal that.

I have tried it (attached the resulted .dot file). Looking at the graph, I
couldn't really spot why lx0 isn't started. :-(

I have also tried to add explicit "utilization memory="0"" settings to the
stonith resources assuming the utilization prevented starting the
resource. It did not help, of course.

Best regards,
Jozsef
E-mail : kadlecsik.jozsef at wigner.mta.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address: Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
         H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary