[Pacemaker] General question about pacemaker

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sun Jun 10 16:21:38 EDT 2012

On 10.06.2012 21:48, Florian Haas wrote:
> However, why do you want automatic failback? If your cluster nodes are
> interchangeable in terms of performance, you shouldn't need to care
> which node is the master. In other words the concept of having a
> "preferred master" is normally moot in well-designed clusters.

One of the things on our road-map is providing some of our customers
with a two-node cluster that in normal operations does load-balancing
(simply by having two vm each for half of the samba-resources based on
two (or more) drbd-resources). Then normally the vms would run each on
one node and only in case of an error both run on one node. Then you
want the resources to fall back to distributed location when all is well
again.
I tried this once with an anti-colocation but I don't know if that is
easy to set up also with drbd-masters. That probably requires a well
adjusted value for the anti-colocation to get it between the master- and
slave-scores of drbd-master...

Have fun,

Arnold
--
Dieses Email wurde elektronisch erstellt und ist ohne handschriftliche
Unterschrift gültig.