[Pacemaker] Configuring a cluster for asymmetric operation

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 18:06:57 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

My understanding is this. If you have symmetric-cluster == true, both the RA scripts and all the software the RA scripts use should be installed on every node in the cluster.  An RA returning 'not installed' will cause failures if symmetric-cluster == true.  This is why Brad had to install the drbd software on server C with a skeleton config even though the software will never run.

If symmetric-cluster == false, it appears that it is sufficient enough to just have the RA scripts installed.  In that case 'not installed' is treated the same as if the resource isn't running.  This bit is based on my analysis of the code.  I have not actually tested this scenario out, but this is what I would expect to happen.

-- Vossel