[Pacemaker] Announce: pcs / pcs-gui (Pacemaker/Corosync Configuration System)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jun 8 18:05:16 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 07:22:47PM +0200, Rasto Levrinc wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Lars Ellenberg
> <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> >> Ok, I see the point of both sides, so I will not join the outcry. :)
> >>
> >> Just for the record, the drbd mc / lcmc as an applet and a little bit
> >> backend could look like a web application, only better.
> >
> > ... once it is cleaned up to not try to use up a couple GB of RAM and
> > loop in the GC, while the typical default browser plugin JVM settings
> > allow for a handful of MB, max ...  that cleanup may be useful anyways.
>
> I haven't seen such behavior and I don't know your configuration, so
> thanks for the bug-report, I guess. :)

To be fair, that was on a slow 32bit windows xp in an old IE with
probably old-ish java [*], and a default memory setting for plugin JVM
or (I think) 64M. the config was very simple at that point, like
two node, two drbd, one iSCSI target and lun and IP each,
done from crm shell. After some time things became visible,
but once you started to do something, it would start garbage collecting
and never become responsive again.

Once we started a standalone java, and adjusted the memory parameters
to allow for 500 or 800 or so MB, it became useable.

[*] so it may have been only the old java, even. who knows.

I did not try to reproduce yet in any ways.  But still, even on very
simple configurations, the memory consumption of LCMC can be excessive,
for whatever reason.

--
: Lars Ellenberg