[Pacemaker] updating an external stonith plugin?

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Fri Jun 1 07:44:35 EDT 2012

On 06/01/2012 07:03 AM, Ashley Pittman wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 13:18 -0700, Digimer wrote:
>>   The API, such that it is, is here:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/wiki/FenceAgentAPI
>
> Thank you, that was a great help actually.  I got something up and
> running fairly quickly.  What I haven't found is a way to add a
> "external" stonith agent however by naming my file fence_<name> and
> installing it in /usr/sbin I was able to use it.
>
> Ashley.

One new thing that is not mentioned on the API page is the new '-o
metadata' output. This is needed now for validating the configuration of
the fence agent.

If you run 'fence_<pick_a_few> -o metadata' you will see what the output
should look like. It's pretty simple XML show what options are valid.
All resource and fence agents need this now.

Cheers

--
Digimer