[Pacemaker] Centos 6.2 and cman + corosync (pacemaker cluster) for GFS2

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Tue Jun 26 08:24:07 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have been testing a classic pacemaker+corosync cluster for virtualization but it was lacking a cluster filesystem to host the virtual  machine config files. (I was using the guidelines I found at Linbit to setup a virtualization cluster).

Therefore I would  like to add a GFS2 filesystem hosted on an iSCSI lun.
I also found "Adding CMAN support" at the clusterlabs website http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/_adding_cman_support.html
But that example does not work on Centos 6.2 (at least in my case)

At step 8.2 the package gfs2-cluster is specified but there is no gfs2-cluster package for Centos 6.2 (it might not be needed?)

At step 8.2.4 the cluster is brought online.
The cman_tool status and nodes commands are working fine.
But crm_mon cannot connect to the cluster.

How can I use cman as the control Daemon in a pacemaker cluster? I would be nice If I can use the CRM shell to configure the cluster.

Best regards,

Maurits van de Lande