[Pacemaker] "Grouping" of master/slave resources

Stallmann, Andreas AStallmann at CONET.DE
Mon Jun 25 12:14:58 EDT 2012

Hi!

We are currently switching from mysql-on-drbd with tomcat and a shared IP to mysql-master-slave with tomcat-master-slave and shared IP and an additonal cloned service (activemq).

Up until now we had quite an easy setup – especially for the admins who did the daily maintenance. All services (exept drbd) where grouped like this:

Resource Group: cluster_grp
     fs_r0      (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started qs-cms-appl01
     sharedIP   (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started qs-cms-appl01
     database_res       (ocf::heartbeat:mysql): Started qs-cms-appl01
     tomcat_res (ocf::ucrs:tomcat):     Started qs-cms-appl01
Master/Slave Set: ms_drbd_r0
     Masters: [ qs-cms-appl01 ]
     Slaves: [ qs-cms-appl02 ]

There was only one further colocation-constrain, which let fs_r0 only run where ms_drbd was running in Master mode. Easy.

Now, with our new scenario, the situation is a little more complex. First, the start order:

sharedIP
ms_MySQL:Master
activemq_clone
ms_tomcat:Master

then the constrains:

ms_MySQL:Master only where shared_IP
ms_tomcat:Master only where database
activemq_clone only where database

I thought this might be quite easy to achieve with grouping the services, but crm won’t let me put Master/Slave resource into a group. Why is that?

If I try...

group cluster-grp p_writer_vip ms_MySQL:Master activemq_clone ms_tomcat:Master

I get:

ERROR: object ms_MySQL:Master does not exist
ERROR: object ms_tomcat:Master does not exist

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers and thanks,

Andreas

--
CONET Solutions GmbH

CONET Solutions GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef.
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 9136)
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Anke Höfer