[Pacemaker] group resource - altering default order

Nicolaas Stuyt Nicolaas.Stuyt at rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Thu Jun 14 08:55:43 EDT 2012

Hello,

Is there a way to affect a groups ordering behavior? The default appears to be left to right which I can understand. However if I wish to create a group of "like primitives" and not primitives who are dependant on each other - for example a list of (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem) primitives - then I care less about the order. I was hoping to specify a meta characteristic like "lazy" I guess; something like meta order="lazy" or "not-applicable". This ordering behavior seems to exist in colocation as well.

What I wish to achieve is to take a file system resource down - say for maintenance and then allow it to come back when maintenance is completed without affecting the other Filesystem primitives down the list.

To provide a visual illustration of this I created a cloned group of dummies using (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy) and I have stopped just the last dummy primitive:

 Clone Set: cl_dummies [grp_dummies]
     Resource Group: grp_dummies:0
         dummy1:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy2:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy3:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy4:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy5:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped
     Resource Group: grp_dummies:1
         dummy1:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy2:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy3:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy4:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy5:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped

When all are running crm_mon presents as:

 Clone Set: cl_dummies [grp_dummies]
     Started: [ node1 node2]
What I want to achieve is to take a middle dummy primitive out but leave the rest running. When I do that - for example on dummy3; dummies 4 and 5 also get taken out such that I am left with this:

 Clone Set: cl_dummies [grp_dummies]
     Resource Group: grp_dummies:0
         dummy1:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy2:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy3:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped
         dummy4:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped
         dummy5:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped
     Resource Group: grp_dummies:1
         dummy1:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy2:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy3:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped
         dummy4:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped
         dummy5:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped

What I would like is this:

 Clone Set: cl_dummies [grp_dummies]
     Resource Group: grp_dummies:0
         dummy1:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy2:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy3:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped
         dummy4:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
         dummy5:0       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node1
     Resource Group: grp_dummies:1
         dummy1:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy2:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy3:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Stopped
         dummy4:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2
         dummy5:1       (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started node2

A work around I have considered is to edit the group and resort the list so that the Filesystem primitive I'm interested in working on is named last but I wonder if I'll remember ;-) to do that the next time I need to perform maintenance.

Or is there a better way to do this that I have not been introduced too yet?

Regards,
Nick