[Pacemaker] Writing Stonith Script for PDU

Zemke, Kai Kai.Zemke at smartnet.de
Thu Jun 14 07:34:35 EDT 2012

Hi there,

You have seen these kind of mail probaply a thousand times.  :(
I have set up a two node cluster for our nagios monitoring service. I have a primary/secondary shared drbd device and several resources needed by nagios ( like apache, nsca, npcd, rrdcached and so on ). So far my cluster is working as expected. Nut now I wanted to expand my configuration with stonith. I have a Gude NET-8x-8210 PDU. As far as I can see there is no ready to use plugin that ships with pacemaker for me. So it looks like I have to create one myself. I searched the web for nice documentations and/or tutorials but it looks like I have no luck here.

Is there a good documentation of these kind of work? I looked at the shipped scripts but im more curious how pacemaker is passing parameters and scriptcalling than just the plain sourcetext.

Is there something that you can point me to so that im able to write the script myself?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Kai