[Pacemaker] Design question. Service running everywhere

Arturo Borrero Gonzalez cer.inet at linuxmail.org
Tue Jun 12 16:17:12 EDT 2012

Hi there!

I've some questions for you.

I'm deploying a new cluster with a service inside that doesn't matter.
The important of the service is that is running in everywhere by it's
own internal functionality.
So start/stop the resource in a given node is the same that doing it
in the rest. All nodes will suffer that start/stop effect.

This is causing me some issues with Pacemaker.

As far as I know, pacemaker monitor the resource in each node (in this
case /etc/init.d/service status, because it's an LSB resource).
But /etc/init.d/service status will return the same as long as the
service is the same in all nodes.

I don't know if working with clones will give some advantages. I need
pacemaker to manage IPVs and other stuff.

Shall I not use pacemaker with this service? Or, do I need some
special configuration or design options?

Best regards.

--
/* Arturo Borrero Gonzalez || cer.inet at linuxmail.org */
/* Use debian gnu/linux! Best OS ever! */