[Pacemaker] MySQL not starting

Sabin Iacob iacobs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 07:49:39 EDT 2012

On 29 May 2012 17:19, Stallmann, Andreas <AStallmann at conet.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > MySQL has changed CHANGE MASTER TO syntax in 5.1 (IIRC), and it won't
> accept
> > an empty host argument anymore. I had to manually patch the RA to use
> '-' as the host argument if it's empty.
>
> Did you send your patch to Yves? Yves, did you include this patch in the
> newest resource agent?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andreas
> PS: Yves, would you consider your mysql resource agent to be "production
> stable"? We're currently on our way to switch from mysql on drbd to mysql
> replication and I'm asking myself if this is a wise idea, yet. No offence
> meant; I'm just curious what your opinion is.

lately it seems to work fine on my test VMs (mysql master-slave, haproxy
balancing reads, as a backend for magento; siege misses a few requests
while the failover occurs, the slave becomes master, the former master
becomes a slave after it comes back online and receives a reader IP only
after it catches up, as expected)

however, I did see some things that can be categorised as "bugfoot"[1]: it
set master pref to 1 for both machines once, and another time it set the
slave log file and position wrong, irrespective of the cluster property.

I just sent a pull request with some improvements, btw:
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/98

[1] bugfoot: a bug seen by a single person once, and they swear it was real

hth