[Pacemaker] delaying stonith

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Mon Jul 23 06:24:16 EDT 2012

On 07/23/2012 10:24 AM, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had an interesting conversation on irc about clustering and fencing,
> and I was told it is possible to delay the triggering of a stonith
> action by a number of seconds. I searched, but I can't really find how
> to configure it.
>
> (The problem I am trying to solve is that the nodes in a two-node
> cluster run the risk of killing each other if connectivity is lost.
> Stonith takes a bit of time to execute - I'm using external/ipmi to
> reset nodes and it seems that his action is the equivalent of holding
> down the power button, which takes four seconds, during which the
> other machine has time to start fencing the first node.)

You are using stonith-aciton="poweroff" with external/ipmi? That would
explain this 4s during which the System does a powerdown caught by
acpid. Use stonith-aciton="reset" when using external/ipmi ... this
should bring down the STONITH target nearly immediately, whithout acpid
taking notice.

Regards,
Andreas

--