[Pacemaker] Do you need to execute crm_ticket on arbitrator?

Jiaju Zhang jjzhang at suse.de
Fri Jul 20 11:26:57 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-20 at 19:56 +0900, Yuichi SEINO wrote:
> Hi Jiaju,
>
> Currently, I think that the start-up of arbitrator is normal to use
> /etc/init.d/booth-arbitrator. So I want to remove the execution of
> crm_ticket because arbitrator don't has to use cib. What do you think
> about it?

Yes, arbitrator is not using cib. I'm fine with removing the crm_ticket
calling logic on arbitrator. An implementation detail on this issue
would be to keep the modularity of the code structure, that is,
proposer, acceptor and learner is the terminology of paxos algorithm,
site and arbitrator is the GEO clustering terminology, I'd like each
component to be more independent and its internal logic is transparent
to other components.

Thanks,
Jiaju