[Pacemaker] Behavior booth when the temporary ACT site down happened.

Jiaju Zhang jjzhang at suse.de
Tue Jul 10 23:17:56 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 11:47 +0900, Yuichi SEINO wrote:
> Hi Jiaju,
>
> My environment consist of Site A, Site B, and Site C(Arbitrator). And
> I granted a ticket to Site A. And then I execute Site A down.
> Secondly, I start up Site A within the expire date.  then the state of
> Site A is that the ticket is revoked. So Site B is granted after the
> ticket expired.
>
> I would like to know if this behavior is correct.
>
> As I see it, If Site A succeed in catchup, Site A should keep a ticket
> after the ticket expired.

Oh, this should not be a bug, but in the future we may add some
configuration options or some policy to let it work as what the user
expected. There is a small window from the original ticket owner decided
to renew to the ticket expires. Although you get the Site A started
within the expire date, but it approaches the expire very soon, so no
enough time to renew that ticket.

Currently that small window is 20% of the expire time, but it should be
able to be configured by the users. So, in the future development, I'm
planning to make it configurable and also add more policy on the renew
logic.

Thanks,
Jiaju