[Pacemaker] Call cib_query failed (-41): Remote node did not respond

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Jul 4 02:12:26 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On 12-07-03 04:26 PM, David Vossel wrote:
>>
>> This is not a definite.  Perhaps you are experiencing this given the pacemaker version you are running
>
> Yes, that is absolutely possible and it certainly has been under
> consideration throughout this process.  I did also recognize however,
> that I am running the latest stable (1.1.6) release and while I might be
> able to experiment with with a development branch in the lab, I could
> not use it in production.  So while it would be an interesting
> experiment, my primary goal had to be getting 1.1.6 to run stably.
>
>> and the torture test you are running with all those parallel commands,
>
> It is worth keeping in mind that all of those parallel commands are just
> as parallel with the 4 node cluster as they are with the 8 (4 nodes
> actively modifying the CIB + 4 completely idle nodes) and 16 node
> clusters -- both of which failed.
>
> Just because I reduced the number of nodes doesn't mean that I reduced
> the parallelism any.

Yes. You did.  You reduced the number of "check what state the
resource is on every node" probes.

> The commands being run on each node are not
> serialized and are all launched in parallel on the 4 node cluster as
> much as they were with the 16 node cluster.
>
> So strictly speaking, it doesn't seem that parallelism in the CIB
> modifications are as much of a factor as simply the number of nodes in
> the cluster, even when some (i.e. in the 8 node test I did) of the nodes
> are entirely passive and not modifying the CIB at all.

Now I'm getting annoyed.
I keep explaining this is not true yet you keep repeating the above assertion.

Please go back an re-read my previous answers (both here and
off-list). Properly.  I will be happy to clarify anything that is
still unclear.