[Pacemaker] booth is the state of "started" on pacemaker before booth write ticket info in cib.

Jiaju Zhang jjzhang at suse.de
Fri Dec 14 04:19:29 EST 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 12:01 +0900, Yuichi SEINO wrote:
> Hi Jiaju,
>
> 2012/12/12 Jiaju Zhang <jjzhang at suse.de>:
> > On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 20:15 +0900, Yuichi SEINO wrote:
> >> Hi Jiaju,
> >>
> >> Currently, booth is the state of "started" on pacemaker before booth
> >> writes ticket information in cib. So, If the old ticket information is
> >> included in cib, a resource relating to the ticket may start before
> >> booth resets the ticket. I think that this problem is when to be
> >> daemon in booth.
> >
> > The resouce should not be started before the booth daemon is ready. We
> > suggest to configure an ordering constraint for the booth daemon and the
> > managed resources by that ticket. That being said, if the ticket is in
> > the CIB but booth daemon has not been started, the resources would not
> > be started.
> >

> booth RA finishes booth_start when booth changed the daemon from the
> foreground process.(To be exact, "sleep 1" is included). The current
> booth change daemon before catchup. On the other hand, the previous
> booth change daemon after catchup. catchup write a ticket in cib.
>  Even if an ordering constraint is set, as shown below, the related
> resource can start when booth changes the state of "started" on
> pacemaker. At this point, the current booth still may not finish
> catchup.

Oh, I think I have known your problem, thanks!

> crm_mon paste.
> booth    (ocf::pacemaker:booth-site):    Started multi-site-a-1
>

> >> Perhaps,  this problem didn't happen before the following commit.
> >> https://github.com/jjzhang/booth/commit/4b00d46480f45a205f2550ff0760c8b372009f7f
> >
> > Currently when all of the initialization (including loading the new
> > ticket information) finished, booth should be regarded as ready. So if
> > you encounter some problem here, I guess we should improve the RA to
> > better reflect the booth startup status, but not moving the
> > initialization order, since it may introduce other regression as we have
> > encountered before;)
> >

> I am not still sure which we should fix RA or booth.

I suggest to add a new function to clear the old ticket info in the CIB,
and call that function when booth just run but before deamonized. So,
before booth_start in the RA returned, the stale data has been cleared.
What do you think about this?;)

Thanks,
Jiaju