[Pacemaker] problem with float IP with pacemaker

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Thu Dec 13 14:59:27 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'm not sure the guide is correct in showing the IP going back to the master machine with that basic configuration... You would need at least one of these three things before the cluster would fail-back the IP to the master when it comes back:
Location preference for the master
Modification of resource-stickiness
More than one resource configured

On the next page of the guide " By default, Pacemaker assumes there is zero cost associated with moving resources and will do so to achieve "optimal [ 15 ] " resource placement." - I don't see anything in the basic config that would make the cluster move the IP back to master.

HTH

Jake