[Pacemaker] Nodes OFFLINE with "not in our membership" messages

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Dec 6 21:26:24 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM, pavan tc <pavan.tc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have now hit this issue twice in my setup.
> I see the following github commit addressing this issue:
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/03f6105592281901cc10550b8ad19af4beb5f72f
>
> From the patch, it appears there is an incorrect conclusion about the status
> of the membership of nodes.

Not really.
There are other related patches, but this one changes the thinking to
"if node X wasn't in our membership, we wouldn't have gotten a message
from it".

> Is there a root cause analysis of this issue that I can read through?
> I am currently using 1.1.7. Would the suggestion be to move to 1.1.8, or is
> there a workaround?

I would recommend 1.1.8
You could go and find all the relevant patches and backport them, but
no-one except you has ever tested that version.
Also you miss out on all the other bugfixes that went in (1.1.8 was a
while coming, it has quite a few)