[Pacemaker] Enable remote monitoring

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Thu Dec 6 03:58:04 EST 2012

On 2012-12-06T12:21:02, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> > If we want to stick with the terminology, "restart-first" (but -origin
> > sounds better, so I don't feel that strongly either) as a tri-state (no
> > (default), yes, treat-as-failure (anyone got a snappy idea for that
> > one?) might make be advisable.
> What about inherit-failure = true|false?

... except that it follows in exactly the other direction as inheritance
normally does? ;-)

> Right.  Apart from the name.  Really not crazy on "origin".
> There's really nothing (apart from a naming convention) to suggest that "origin" means the vm resource.
>
> If we go this way, how about something like propagate-failure=bool or delegate-failure=bool, or just simply: failure-delegate=${resource_name}.
> The last one is probably now my favourite, even a trained monkey should be able to figure out what that construct implies :)

To be honest, *I* couldn't figure out what "failure-delegate" would mean
here. "So, the child delegates its failures to the parent as part of the
child being ordered after the parent? Uh? How's that making sense?"
;-)

If we wanted to stick with consistent terminology,
"restart-first-on-fail" / "on-fail-restart-first" would make sense.
(Because the order constraint has "first|then" attributes.) It *is* a
bit long, though. But it'd also be idiot and smart aleck proof.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA