[Pacemaker] Enable remote monitoring

Gao,Yan ygao at suse.com
Wed Dec 5 23:41:22 EST 2012

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the comments!

On 12/06/12 09:44, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On 05/12/2012, at 11:27 PM, "Gao,Yan" <ygao at suse.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> This is the first step - the support of "restart-origin" for order
>> constraint along with the test cases:
>>
>> https://github.com/gao-yan/pacemaker/commits/restart-origin
>>
>> It looks straight-forward to me. Hope I didn't miss anything ;-)
>>
>> If restart-origin="true" combines with kind="Optional", it just means
>> "Optional". So that a failed nagios resource would not affect the vm.
>>
>> I'm not sure if we should relate the restarts count with the
>> migration-threshold of the basic resource. Even without this, users can
>> specify  how many failures of a particular nagios resource they can
>> tolerate on a node, the vm will migrate with it anyway.
>
> Does that make sense though?
> You've not achieved anything a restart wouldn't have done.
> The choice to move the VM should be up to the VM.
If the fail-count of a nagios resource reaches its own
migration-threshold, the colocated VM should migrate with it anyway,
shouldn't it?

I like the concept of "failure-delegate". If we introduce it, it sounds
more like a resource's meta/op attribute to me, rather than into order
constraint or group. What do you think?

Regards,
  Gao,Yan
--