[Pacemaker] Enable remote monitoring

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 11:36:44 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

I had made some in-line comments for you in git-hub.  It looks like you are on the right track.  I'm just not sure about the symmetrical=false use case for order constraints.

> If restart-origin="true" combines with kind="Optional", it just means
> "Optional". So that a failed nagios resource would not affect the vm.

I agree, restart-origin is a no-op for advisory ordering.

> I'm not sure if we should relate the restarts count with the
> migration-threshold of the basic resource.

I don't know what the "basic resource" refers to here.  If we are talking about counting the restarts of the vm towards the migration-threshold, I'd expect the vm to have the same behavior as whatever happens to 'B' right now for the use-case below.

Start A then Start B. When A fails restart B.

Start vm then Start nagios. When nagios fails restart vm.

> Even without this, users
> can
> specify  how many failures of a particular nagios resource they can
> tolerate on a node, the vm will migrate with it anyway.
> And probably we
> could have one of the nagios resources, no matter how many times it
> fails, we just don't want the vm to migrate because of it.

I don't understand this last sentence.

-- Vossel