[Pacemaker] Getting Started

Florian Crouzat gentoo at floriancrouzat.net
Mon Dec 3 10:01:00 EST 2012

Le 03/12/2012 15:24, Brett Maton a écrit :
> Hi List,
>
>    I'm new to corosync / pacemaker so please forgive my ignorance!
>
>    I currently have Postgres streaming replication between node1(master) and node2(slave, hot standby), the replication user authenticates to master using an md5 password.
>    All good there...
>
>    My goal use pacemaker / heartbeat to move VIP and promote node2 if node1 fails, without using drdb or pg-pool.
>
>    What I'm having trouble with is finding resources for learning what I need to configure with regards to corosync / pacemaker to implement failover.  All of the guides I've found use DRDB and/or a much more robust network configuration.
>
> I'm currently using CentOS 6.3 with PostgreSQL 9.2
>
> corosync-1.4.1-7.el6_3.1.x86_64
> pacemaker-1.1.7-6.el6.x86_64
>
> node1	192.168.0.1
> node2	192.168.0.2
> dbVIP	192.168.0.101
>
> Any help and suggested reading appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Brett

Well, if you don't need shared storage and only a VIP over which
postgres runs, I guess the official guide should be good:
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-crmsh/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/

Forget the drdb stuff, and base your configuration on the httpd examples
that collocates a VIP and an httpd daemon in an active/passive two nodes
cluster. (Chapter 6).

--
Cheers,
Florian Crouzat