[Pacemaker] time synchronisation

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Wed Dec 19 05:06:25 EST 2012

What is the behaviour of a cluster when the nodes are up to 10 minutes out of sync with each other, because they've just been booted up after a crash and the hwclocks are out of date and there is no ntp time source reachable? Could it cause lots of sig11's and constant re-elections because that's what I was seeing and it all seemed to go away once I artificially synchronised the clocks... I haven't tried to reproduce the problem so I can't be sure.

What is the best way on bootup in the above situation to ensure time synchronisation? Is it as simple as having a cron job to reset the hardware clock every so often so that on reboot things are reasonable?

Thanks

James