[Pacemaker] gfs2 / dlm on centos 6.2

Xavier Lashmar xlashmar at uottawa.ca
Tue Dec 11 09:29:27 EST 2012

Hello,

We are attempting to mount gfs2 partitions on CentOS using DRBD + COROSYNC + PACEMAKER.  Unfortunately we consistently get the following error:

# mount /dev/vg_data/lv_data /webdata/ -t gfs2 -v
mount /dev/dm-2 /webdata
parse_opts: opts = "rw"
  clear flag 1 for "rw", flags = 0
parse_opts: flags = 0
parse_opts: extra = ""
parse_opts: hostdata = ""
parse_opts: lockproto = ""
parse_opts: locktable = ""
gfs_controld join connect error: Connection refused
error mounting lockproto lock_dlm

We are trying to find out where to get the lock_dlm libraries and packages for Centos 6.2 and 6.3

Also, I found that the document "Pacemaker 1.1 - Clusters from Scratch" the Fedora 17 version is a bit problematic.  I'm also running a Fedora 17 system and found no package "dlm" as per the instructions in section 8.1.1

yum install -y gfs2-utils dlm kernel-modules-extra

Any idea if an external repository is needed?  If so, which one ? and which package do we need to install for CentOS 6+ ?

Thanks very much

Xavier Lashmar
Analyste de Systèmes | Systems Analyst
Service étudiants, service de l'informatique et des communications/Student services, computing and communications services.
1 Nicholas Street (810)
Ottawa ON K1N 7B7
Tél. | Tel. 613-562-5800 (2120)