[Pacemaker] ping - resource failover

Nicolai Langfeldt Nicolai.Langfeldt at broadnet.no
Mon Aug 13 02:09:57 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-10 16:30, Josh wrote:
> location location_www1-vip www1-vip \
>         rule $id="location_www1-vip-rule" pingd: defined pingd

It will probably work better if you:
* Write the rule correctly ;-)
* Formulate it in the "negative" - to banish the service from nodes that
  can't reach the gw. I've had less luck with positive rules - but I
  can't yet tell if it's because I can't think or do simple arithmetic'
  or if something else is afoot.  I hope to discover that this week.

My not quite finished cluster has this rule for pingd:

location locProdvip prodvip \
    rule $id="locProdvip-rule" -100000: not_defined pingd or pingd lte 0
                               ^^^^^^^ value here, not "pingd"

Value can also be -INF.

Nicolai