[Pacemaker] Apparent error passing stonith resource parameters (external/libvirt)

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Fri Aug 24 10:47:10 EDT 2012

I'm trying to setup an external/libvirt stonith fencing thingiemadoodle
but ran into an error

My pacemaker configuration is (read back out it looks the same):

primitive p-fence-om0101 stonith:external/libvirt \
   params hostlist="proxy1 mysql1" \
    hypervisor_uri="qemu+ssh://root@om01/system?keyfile=/root/.ssh/om01" \
   op monitor interval="60"
#there's also a location rule that is working fine

If i just try to connect with libvirt that uri is correct. When the
stonith script runs though it is getting an incomplete value
"qemu+ssh://root@om01/system?keyfile" observed via log messages.

Apparently the equal symbol '=' is causing a problem for the parameter
passing somewhere.

When I read the external/libvirt plugin's code. It appears to rely on
the environment variable '$hypervisor_uri' and the log message printing
of this indicates that is invalid.

I don't know where to look for who is filling that environment value;
any suggestions?