[Pacemaker] [Partially SOLVED] pacemaker/dlm problems

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Wed Sep 28 10:41:36 EDT 2011

Hi Andrew,

>> All the more reason to start using the stonith api directly.
>> I was playing around list night with the dlm_controld.pcmk code:
>>    https://github.com/beekhof/dlm/commit/9f890a36f6844c2a0567aea0a0e29cc47b01b787
>
> Doesn't seem to apply to 3.0.17, so I rebased that commit against it for
> my build. Then it doesn't compile without attached patch.
> It may need to be rebased a bit against your tree.
>
> Now I have package built and am building node images. Will try shortly.

Fencing from within dlm_controld.pcmk still did not work with your first
patch against that _no_mainloop function (expected).

So I did my best to build packages from the current git tree.

Voila! I got failed node correctly fenced!
I'll do some more extensive testing next days, but I believe everything
should be much better now.

I knew you're genius he-he ;)

So, here are steps to get DLM handle CPG NODEDOWN events correctly with
pacemaker using openais stack:

1. Build pacemaker (as of 2011-09-28) from git.
2. Apply attached patches to cluster-3.0.17 source tree.
3. Build dlm_controld.pcmk

One note - gfs2_controld probably needs to be fixed too (FIXME).

Best regards,
Vladislav